Search Knowledge Base Articles
How to set up Grandstream Handytone 286 ATA phone to connect to Cirrus Voice
This article explains how to set up a phone terminal (Grandstream Handytone 286 ATA) that will be used with the Cirrus Voice phone provisioning module. These recommendations also apply if you happen to do this for the very first time.
Assuming that your phone is reset to the default configuration:
- Plug in the power cord, the network cable and the headset cord.
- Power up your phone.
For more information on the physical installation, check the phone terminal's user guide provided by Cirrus Voice.
Configuration of phone network parameters.
- Pick up the phone.
- Dial *** to open the phone's IVR menu.
- Dial * again.
- Dial 02 to receive the DHCP address. The Grandstream understands IPs from a binary address. The device will also state the address in binary format. For example, if your phone IP address is 192.168.1.5, then the binary address would be: 192168001005.
- Hang up the phone.
Configuration of phone provisioning parameters
- Open a web browser and type http://<phone_ip_address> (i.e 192.168.x.x, 172.16.x.x, 10.x.x.x) in the address bar. Assuming that everything was configured correctly, the browser should display the phone web interface.
- Fill in the default password admin in the Password field and press Enter on your keypad.
- Click the Advanced Settings 2
- Find the Upgrade Via option and select the HTTP radio button.
- In the Config Server Path field, fill in the provisioning link which is found in the Cirrus Voice system after inputting the SIP device.
- Click the Update button to save your changes and Reboot the device using the reboot option.
At this point, you should be able to make your first phone call.
Did you find this article useful?
How to Restore the Grandstream HT-286 to Factory Defaults
First, find the MAC Address of the device. It is a 12 digit HEX number located on the bottom of the unit. Next you will need to encode the ...
How To Create an Organization, Users, Extension & Inbound Rules with Cirrus Voice
***WRITTEN GUIDE COMING SOON***...
How to Configure X-Lite with Cirrus Voice
STEP 1: Download and install X-Lite, the free version. Once you downloaded the application, install it on your machine. STEP 2: Open X...